Exercises, Information, and Solutions for Neck Pain
This video talks about a super common cause for neck pain, upper back pain and shoulder pain. So if you have one of those and you work at a desk, spend a long time on a computer, or maybe drive for a big chunk of your day, you’re gonna want to watch this video. (More…)
Video from Dr. O at SpineCare Decompression and Chiropractic Center Shows How to Get Neck Pain Relief in 30 Seconds
- No special equipment required
- Massage the base of the skull to relieve pain in neck muscles
- Postural exercises to loosen up and correct posture
- Stretching, traction, and pressure-massage using a towel
Video: Neck Pain Exercises to help alleviate neck and shoulder pain — featuring BreakThrough Physical Therapy
- Demonstration of good posture versus forward head posture
- Two easy neck pain exercises
- Simple chin-tuck to improve head posture
- Shoulder blade squeeze to relieve tension, improve mobility, and strengthen critical muscles
Video: Relieve neck pain through proper sitting positions, desk and car — Featuring Dr. Dan Riesling from Align Your Spine Clearwater
- How chair and seat design affects posture
- A simple hack to improve chair posture
- How seat wedges can dramatically improve seated posture
- Dealing with posture-poor car seats
Pillows for neck pain are explained in this video by Dr. Mandell.
- Most people are side sleepers
- Side sleeping requires a firm pillow to fill up the gap between the neck and the bed
- If you sleep on your back, use a thinner pillow
- Don’t sleep on your stomach, this will only lead to problems
Video: Avoid back and neck pain by properly positioning your monitors featuring Danielle Vernon back PT, ergonomist, inventor of The Backbone Cushion, and owner of ScolioAustin.
- First make sure your chair height puts your arms at 90 degrees on the keyboard
- Position your monitor so that your eyeline is in the upper third of the monitor
- With multiple monitors, position them for minimal movement of your head and neck
Video: How to treat neck pain while laying in bed featuring Dr. Alan Mandell, DC – The Motivational Doc.
- Treat neck pain by restoring the normal curve of your neck
- With posture-related neck pain, one of the biggest problems is adhesions of the muscles and ligaments
- The nerves in your neck control everything… the head, the neck, the shoulders, the chest, the hands.
- Use a t-shirt under your neck while lying down and pull with your hands to elevate your neck while letting your head fall back
First make sure your chair height puts your arms at 90 degrees on the keyboard